What to Expect from Our Therapy Services
Congratulations on taking your first step toward improving your mental well-being! If you’ve never attended talk therapy before, you’re probably curious as to how it all works. Below, we’ve compiled some frequently asked questions with responses to help you gain a better understanding of what our therapy services entail.
- Individual therapy sessions are 45-50 minutes. It is recommended that we meet once a week and then continually check-in to assess progress on your goals and duration of treatment.
- During our initial sessions, we will talk about the issues you are facing. You will also get a sense of our clinicians and if they are a good fit as your therapists. In the following sessions, we will create individualized treatment goals and a plan. We will work hand-in-hand with you so that you can live your best life with the help of our talk therapy.
- The improvement of your mental and emotional wellbeing depends on your level of commitment toward your goals. Your progress will impact the number of sessions you need. Our clinicians make a detailed notation of the progress our individuals make and remind them of it when they may begin to lose motivation again.
- As long as you share positive communication and understanding with our clinicians, then our therapy can work for you. We will also highlight methods of treatment to determine what is and what isn’t working out. This allows us to know whether or not we need to switch interventions of methods as every client differs.
- Latinx Talk Therapy accepts credit and debit card payments only. If you have health insurance, you may be eligible to have your sessions costs covered. We keep your card on file and process a virtual payment after your session. You can make changes and additional payments via the client portal. You can also access payment history and receipts on the client portal.